20 July 2021
SBRI Healthcare has launched two new competitions to support the development of innovative products and services that address unmet health needs:
1. The 'Stroke and Technology' competition in collaboration with the Stroke Association and the AHSN Network
Stroke care is a critical issue for health systems globally, with someone having a stroke every two seconds somewhere in the world. In the UK stroke is the fourth biggest killer and costs society £26 billion annually.
Companies and organisations are being invited to bid for funding to develop innovative solutions to tackle three specific challenges:
1. Pre-hospital diagnosis
3. Life after stroke
2. The 'Delivering a Net Zero NHS' competition in collaboration with the Greener NHS Programme, the Accelerated Access Collaborative and the AHSN Network
Companies and organisations are being invited to bid for funding to develop innovation solutions tackling the following challenges:
1. Reducing emissions from care miles
2. Reducing emissions from surgical pathways
3. Reducing nitrous oxide emissions
4. Tools to support low-carbon decision making.
Entering the competitions
Phase 1 of the competitions is intended to show the technical feasibility of the proposed concept. The development contracts placed will be for a maximum of six months, and up to £100,000 (inc. VAT) per project.
Key dates for both competitions:
Further details are available on the SBRI Healthcare website.