A key part of our work is sharing the outcomes from our projects and learning. The following publications, articles and abstracts have been produced by our team or feature our projects (PDFs of our posters, abstracts, article and publications can be downloaded from the 'resources' section to the right):
- In June 2018, we were awarded 'highly commended' for the HSJ Value Awards in the category 'Improving value in the care of the frail elderly' for our work with the Pan Dorset Malnutrition Programme
- The Nutrition in Older People Programme has been shortlisted for the Complete Nutrition Awards in the category 'Community Nutrition Professional of the Year'
- Our abstracts on the Christchurch roll-out (part of the Pan Dorset Malnutrition Programme), the use of PaperWeight nutrition armbands with Age Concern Hampshire and the INSCCOPe research project were accepted for the BAPEN 2017 conference, which took place on 21-22nd November 2017 in Birmingham, along with poster displays and oral poster presentations
- Our 'OPEN toolkit and training package to reduce undernutrition' poster was winner of the 'training and education' category at the Patient Safety Congress 2017. Our second poster, 'Improving the nutritional care and health and wellbeing of adults within Dorset' was accepted and displayed in the 'Best practice to reduce risks of harm' category. PDFs of both our posters can be downloaded from the 'resources' section
- Article in Complete Nutrition Focus (April 2017)
- Article in the Journal of General Practice Nursing (March 2017)
- Our work on the Older People's Essential Nutrition (OPEN) Eastleigh project and the community pharmacies (Portsmouth) project were accepted as abstracts for the BAPEN 2016 conference which took place on 8-9th November in Brighton, along with poster presentations. These abstracts will shortly be published in the online Clinical Nutrition ESPEN journal
- The Dorset Malnutrition Project was featured in the Dorset Daily Echo (July 2016)
- The Purbeck pilot (Dorset) was featured in an article in Complete Nutrition (August 2015) entitled 'Dorset takes action to combat malnutrition in the community'
The Nutrition in Older People Programme create a bi-annual newsletter which provides a flavour of our work. Please feel free to download and read our current and previous newsletters (in the 'resources' section) and share them with your colleagues.