The Scale Up 4 Safety project was an initiative by Wessex PSC to help Patient Safety and Quality Improvement teams scale up projects from the initial pilot to at least 60% of the organisation.
The aims of Scale Up 4 Safety were:
• To support health staff in Wessex
• To move from single unit good practice
• To a much wider geography
So that patient safety is improved and more patients and staff benefit.
The general principles of Scale Up were:
• Planned series of activities
• Structured around scale up units
• For a defined target population
• To scale to a minimum of 60% of the target population.
• A tested innovation
• Organisational support for scale up.
Wessex PSC provided:
• Dedicated resource to support the scale up team
• The Scale Up template.
A presentation describing the Scale Up approach piloted in 2017/18 can be downloaded from the resources zone on the right hand of this webpage.
If you have any questions about the Wessex Patient Safety Collaborative's Scale Up 4 Safety workstream or any other aspects of the Wessex PSC, please contact us via the link below.