Wessex AHSN has been leading the development of Polypharmacy Comparators which will enable us to identify patients prescribed multiple medications who may be at risk of harm as a result.
At this workshop we:
- demonstrated the Polypharmacy Prescribing Comparators and how CCGs, GP Practices and others can use the data to address the complex issue of polypharmacy
- identified the priority areas highlighted by the data for Wessex
- discussed how frailty fits with tackling polypharmacy and what support is available
- heard the patients perspective on taking multiple medicines
- in groups, reviewed CCG data and plan where local activity should be focused in 2017/18
This workshop was open to those working in the frailty, older peoples, long term conditions fields and allowed delegates to contribute to the development of plans to address polypharmacy in Wessex.
The presentations can be found below:
HighlightsV1 from Wessex AHSN Limited on Vimeo.
John Duffy's Presentation:
JohnPresV1 from Wessex AHSN Limited on Vimeo.
Clare Howards's Presentation:
Mike Simpson's Presentation:
Graham Mitchell Presentation: