Wessex AHSN and the Centre for Implementation Science have acted as the independent evaluator for the North East Hampshire and Farnham (NEHF) CCG's Happy, Healthy, at Home Vanguard programme which is delivering new models of care. The full set of evaluation materials and final summative report on the vanguard projects have now been published, giving an overview of the impact of the new ways of working explored over the last three years.
The evaluation underpins NEHF CCG's approach to delivering integrated care for local people, focusing on patient needs and not being constrained by organisational boundaries. The CCG will continue to develop these new ways of working and extend them not only across their local health systems but more widely across the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Sustainability & Transformation Partnership (STP).
It is hoped that the final report will be useful to anyone interested in implementing similar new ways of working, to understand and hopefully benefit from the key findings and experiences in North East Hampshire and Farnham, including:
• 50,000 patient contacts and interventions in 23 new services
• 3,300 patient reported outcomes demonstrated significant improvements in how they feel about their health status, confidence and wellbeing
• 530 staff reported outcomes from the new care model teams and primary care, demonstrated statistically significant improvements
• From the second year of the programme there was a significant reduction in the trend of emergency admissions.
• Qualitative interviews and case studies found positive benefits for patients, staff and the system
• The evaluation highlighted the importance of allowing time to establish new teams and ways of working. GP engagement was a key ingredient in successful delivery.
All of the individual project reports and summary flashcards are available to view and download from www.northeasthampshireandfarnhamccg.nhs.uk/about-the-ccg/happy-healthy-at-home/achievements
You can also download the flashcards from the Resources section on this page.