The TSP2 Round 1 is seeking innovators interested in applying for the i4i Connect competition 5. The i4i Connect funds innovations which advance healthcare technologies and unmet clinical needs. It supports research and development of medical devices, active implantable devices and in vitro diagnostic devices. The deadline to join this TSP2 Round 1 is 5 July 2021.
The TSP2 provides the chance for companies to apply to form a strong research team with Wessex based clinicians and academics to apply for the i4i Connect funding. Through leveraging the considerable expertise in Wessex we aim to increasing funding application success. For any queries or further information, please contact Robert Hull firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TSP2 journey is divided into five stages:
1. Contact the AHSN or respond to a call to meet a particular funding opportunity. Fill out the application form and AHSN engagement form, please send the AHSN engagement form to email@example.com
2. Companies and innovators will meet with the AHSN to discuss their innovation and suitability for a collaboration
3. Selected innovators will, with the AHSN, produce an information pack based on previous discussions, application documents and areas the innovator requires feedback. This document will be sent out for feedback from an expert panel of Wessex clinicians and academics
4. The panel will select companies to be invited to present their innovation to the panel. All presenters will receive further feedback, advice and, where appropriate, signposting to other opportunities
5. The panel will then select a maximum of three companies to join the TSP. Companies will be informed of the panel’s decision within five working days of the workshop
Essential i4i Connect Requirements:
• Lead applicants must be from an SME
• Lead applicants must be based in England
• Projects must be £50,000-£150,000 in value
• Projects must be 6-12 months in duration
• Projects need to have proof-of-concept evidence
• Projects need to address a clearly defined unmet clinical need
• Upon acceptance of i4i Connect funding, applicants agree to be bound by the terms of the NIHR standard research contract and are expected to sign the contract within 4 weeks of the award notice or the award may be withdrawn
• Full guidance on the i4i Connect eligibility is available here.