As with any test or procedure it is really important that your patient has a full understanding of what to expect from their FeNO test appointment, along with an explanation of the test process.
This may include an understanding of the benefits of having a FeNO test, including;
- More accurate diagnosis of asthma
- Non-invasive, simple and safe test
- Improved patient experience
- Patients are less likely to be referred onto secondary care for additional testing
- Opportunity for increased understanding of condition as patients can relate to their own FeNO score.
It is helpful for patients to have time to digest information describing a test or procedure. With that in mind, below are some examples of patient leaflets that can be sent/emailed in advance of the test, or given to your patient to take home.
The Accelerated Access Collaborative has also created a FeNO patient leaflet;