The Technology Support Programme 2 (TSP2) builds strong collaborations capable of winning upcoming funding opportunities. This is achieved through drawing together Wessex wide health and care research expertise with innovative new technologies to form strong research teams, capable of winning funding, our first round targeting the i4i Connect recently won £150,000 of funding. Companies accepted onto the TSP2 will benefit from feedback on their innovation from a panel of experts, with the chance to present their innovation and form a research collaboration with Wessex clinicians and researchers.
If you are an innovator, start-up, small business or established company developing medical technologies which you believe could be eligible for one of our open calls, or a clinician or researcher in Wessex who would like to be, please consider applying and get in touch via email@example.com.
The TSP2 is supported by the Wessex Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) and Wessex Clinical Research Network (CRN) Industry teams who have joined forces to create the TSP2.
To be eligible for the TSP2:
• You will be a UK registered company
• The innovation of interest will meet the funding opportunity criteria
• The research will be carried out in the Wessex region (principally Dorset and Hampshire)
The TSP2 targets specific funding opportunities:
Round 1: i4i Connect - closed on 5 July 2021.
Round 2: i4i Product Development Award (PDA) - closed 1 October 2021
Round 3: i4i Product Development Award (PDA) - open, deadline 4th March 2022. Find out more here
Early applications and engagement through Robert Hull (firstname.lastname@example.org) are encouraged.
The TSP2 journey is divided into five stages:
Contact the AHSN or respond to a call to meet a particular funding opportunity. Fill out an application form (created for each round) and AHSN engagement form
2. Companies and innovations will meet with the AHSN to discuss their innovation and suitability for a collaboration
3. Selected companies will with the AHSN provide an information pack based on previous discussions and the application documents. This document will be sent out for feedback from an expert panel of Wessex clinicians and academics
4. The panel will select companies based on the information pack to be invited to present their innovation to the panel. All presenters will receive further feedback, advice and, where appropriate, signposting to other opportunities
5. The panel will then select a maximum of three companies to join the TSP. Companies will be informed of the panel’s decision within five working days of the workshop
Approved companies will then be part of the TSP2 and will benefit from the following offer:
• Engagement with Wessex clinicians and academics to form a research team to apply for targeted funding calls
• Feedback on their innovations and ways in which it may better meet clinical needs
• A fully funded associate will work coordinate bid writing, liaise with the chief investigator and wider research team and ensure that the deadlines are met