The Health Innovation Surgery (HIS) gives innovators time to seek advice and guidance from a diverse panel of professionals.
We bring together a group of people who collectively understand a wide range of topics, including business planning, intellectual property, the NHS and social care market places, research and clinical evidence, branding and funding sources. We offer these surgeries on the first working Monday of each month.
The panel is comprised of:
- Dr James Badger, Clinical Innovation Fellow, University Hospital Southampton NHSFT
- David Bream - SETsquared Programme Director, Southampton
- Robin Chave - CEO / Jane Holt - Business Development Director, Southampton Science Park
- Ahmad Chughtai - Head of Digital Transformation, North Hants Clinical Commissioning Group
- Paul Hudson - Senior Digital Innovation Manager, NHSX
- Steve Parr - Medtech, Caretech and d-Health Lead, EM3 Growth Hub
- Frank Ratcliff - Director of Industry and Innovation, Wessex AHSN
- Heather Bowles - Programme Manager Primary Care Innovations, Wessex AHSN
- Kevin Brooks - Funding Support Service, Wessex AHSN
- Sofia Calado - Programme Assistant, Industry and Innovation, Wessex AHSN
- Robert Hull - Research and Innovation Associate, Wessex AHSN and NIHR
- Emily Hunter - Programme Manager / Sophie Barton - Analyst, Innovation Evaluation Programme, Wessex AHSN
- Peter Rhodes - Senior Project Manager, Industry and Innovation, Wessex AHSN (Chair)
Our Health Innovation Surgeries provide advice for innovators and entrepreneurs at any stage of the business cycle, from start-up to globalisation. If you’re looking to understand how to approach the NHS, need to know if your go-to-market plan is working, or want funding advice, the surgery is here to help.
“Wessex AHSN has been extremely proactive in helping us move forward, they spent time understanding our needs and through their extensive clinical network provided us with invaluable feedback that we will use in the development and eventual commercialisation of our innovative wound treatment device.” Keith Heaton, Managing Director, Nexa Medical
If you would like to come to the Health Innovation Surgery, please complete this form
and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll be in touch with you to arrange a meeting. If you have already completed this form if you have worked with us or another AHSN in the past, please send us a copy of the form you have have already completed.