The Health Innovation Surgery (HIS) gives innovators time to seek advice and guidance from a diverse panel of professionals.
We bring together a group of people who collectively understand a wide range of topics, including business planning, intellectual property, the NHS and social care market places, research and clinical evidence, branding and funding sources. We are partly funded by a grant from the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) to offer these surgeries on the first working Monday of each month.
The panel is comprised of;
- Frank Ratcliff - Associate Director of Industry & Innovation, Wessex AHSN
- David Bream - SETsquared Programme Director - Southampton
- Ahmad Chughtai - Head of Digital Transformation, NEH&F Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sandra Nwokeoha - Research and Innovation Associate, Wessex AHSN and NIHR Clinical Research Network
- Peter Rhodes - Senior Project Manager, Industry and Innovation, Wessex AHSN
- Kevin Brooks - Funding Support Service, Wessex AHSN
- Andrew Smith - Programme Assistant, Industry and Innovation, Wessex AHSN
Our Health Innovation Surgeries provide advice for innovators and entrepreneurs at any stage of the business cycle, from start-up to globalisation. If you’re looking to understand how to approach the NHS, need to know if your go-to-market plan is working, or want funding advice, the surgery is here to help.
“Wessex AHSN has been extremely proactive in helping us move forward, they spent time understanding our needs and through their extensive clinical network provided us with invaluable feedback that we will use in the development and eventual commercialisation of our innovative wound treatment device.” Keith Heaton, Managing Director, Nexa Medical
Please check our resources section to view our flyer. If you would like to come to the Health Innovation Surgery, please complete this short online form
and a member of the team will be in touch.